Thu12Jul2018Fri13Jul20189:00 amLondon, United KingdomShow details
The 20th Colloquium will be a 2-day event taking place on 12 – 13 July 2018. The following topics, which continue some recent themes, are proposed for inclusion in the programme:
- Regional developments in Europe, including the Recast European Insolvency Regulation; the impact of BREXIT
- Communication and cooperation between courts in international insolvency cases, including through the Judicial Insolvency Network (JIN) Guidelines for Communication and Cooperation between Courts in Cross-border Insolvency Matters and the ALI-III Global Guidelines for Court-to-Court Communications
- Use of technology in insolvency practice, including the impact of Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence on the insolvency profession
- Insolvency and restructuring law reforms
- Developments in pre-insolvency practice and regulation
- Topics being examined by UNCITRAL Working Group V
- Insolvency and SMEs
- Personal insolvency, including consumer bankruptcy
- Insolvency practitioners: remuneration; regulation; recognition
- Early career and Doctoral candidates’ work-in-progress
- Hot topics
Those who are interested in presenting a paper should send an abstract to Rosalind Mason (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Tina McGorman, INSOL (email@example.com) before January 31, 2018.
Wed03Oct2018Sun07Oct20189:00 amAthens, GreeceShow details
The Annual INSOL Europe Conference will take place in Athens from 4 to 7 October. The Annual Academic Forum Conference will also take place alongside the event from 3-4 October in the same venue.
The theme for the conference is "Breaking the Chains", and the location is very evocative. Presentations will tackle the most recent local and international subjects in business and insolvency. These include the proposed Directive on preventive restructuring framework, the Recast EIR, the NPLs and how modern technology is affecting the recovery business field.
For more information, have a look at the conference flyer.