Sat18Mar2017Wed22Mar2017Sydney [Australia]Show details
Date: 18 - 22 March 2017
Location: Sydney [Australia]
INSOL International is hosting its Tenth World Quadrennial Congress in Sydney, Australia between March 18 and 22, 2017.
Themed “Embracing Change”, delegates attending the Congress will include more than 800 accountants, lawyers, judges, regulators, academics, lenders, restructuring and turnaround professionals, and insolvency experts from around the world.
Previous World Congresses have attracted delegates from over 40 countries.
For more information and registration, see here.
Thu06Apr2017London [United Kingdom]
Thu25Jan2018Fri26Jan20189:00 amLeiden University, The NetherlandsShow details
The CBL / Business & Liability Research Network hosts its international opening conference on 25 and 26 January 2018 at the University of Leiden (NL). The theme of the Conference is 'Business Resilience'.
Business resilience has emerged as a response to the decreasing lifespan of businesses and the inability of key stakeholders to adequately address issues of preparedness and responsiveness to incremental change and sudden business disruptions. This international conference on business resilience emphasizes drivers of change and responsiveness to change from three perspectives:
- Technology as driver of change to the organisation and corporate governance of businesses.
- Long-term value creation as driver of change in capital markets, corporate governance and businesses.
- Directors’ duties and liabilities as drivers of change in directors’ willingness to take risks.
For more information and to register for the conference, follow the link.
Thu25Jan2018Fri26Jan20187:00 pmHumboldt-Universitat zu Berlin
Thu08Feb2018Fri09Feb20182:00 pmVancouver, Canada
Fri13Apr20183:00 pmDe Brauw Blackstone, AmsterdamShow details
This lecture will consist of a comparative examination of the proposed terms of the EU Directive and Dutch Bankruptcy Act amendments related to enterprise restructuring, with an emphasis on US experience with similar provisions of Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
More information is available at the following link.
Fri20Apr2018Sat21Apr20189:00 amLondon School of Economics, London [UK]Show details
The Academic Forum (20 April) will focus on ‘hot topics’ in corporate insolvency and personal bankruptcy law including the European Commission proposals for harmonisation, reform of the English corporate restructuring and insolvency framework, financial institution resolution, Brexit, and the implications of the rising consumer debt burden.
The Annual Conference (21 April) will be chaired by the Honourable Lord Justice Newey. The day will begin with a discussion of how certain key issues for restructuring are addressed in Chapter 11. A series of speakers will then focus on these issues from a UK perspective, as we think about where the UK regime may be superior, where it would benefit from reform and the extent to which the US Bankruptcy Code might be used as a model for reform.
For more information, follow the link.
Fri27Apr20189:00 amCity, University of LondonShow details
The 2nd Cross-Border Corporate Insolvency & Commercial Law Research Group (CI&CL) Conference will take place on the premises of City, University of London on 27 April 2018.
It brings together senior and promising junior scholars who wish to present their research to a multinational specialist audience in the field of corporate insolvency and commercial law.
The event is structured as follow:
- Senior Scholars’ Session, where scholars and practitioners will have a 30’ time slot to present their papers on current issues in corporate insolvency law at national, European and international level;
- Young Scholars’ Session, where young researchers, PhD Candidates and postgraduate students will have the opportunity to present their work for 15’, followed by a Q&A discussion.
The event aims to promote fruitful research collaboration between its participants and to encourage their integration in a community of legal scholars.
Intending speakers should send a 250-word abstract to Eugenio Vaccari (firstname.lastname@example.org) before February 25, 2018.
Thu31May2018Fri01Jun20185:00 pmRiga, LatviaShow details
The Eastern European Countries' Committee Conference 2018 will take place in Riga, Latvia on 1 June with an optional dinner on 31 May.
The congress will be focused mainly on new approaches across Europe towards (cross-border) insolvency, how local and European laws have developed and the Commission's plans for harmonisation of the Member States' insolvency laws. The Conference will consider the possibilities in different European jurisdictions for financing and other crucial tools to save as many companies as possible where there is a viable business.
For more information and to download the registration brochure, follow the link.
Thu12Jul2018Fri13Jul20189:00 amLondon, United KingdomShow details
The 20th Colloquium will be a 2-day event taking place on 12 – 13 July 2018. The following topics, which continue some recent themes, are proposed for inclusion in the programme:
- Regional developments in Europe, including the Recast European Insolvency Regulation; the impact of BREXIT
- Communication and cooperation between courts in international insolvency cases, including through the Judicial Insolvency Network (JIN) Guidelines for Communication and Cooperation between Courts in Cross-border Insolvency Matters and the ALI-III Global Guidelines for Court-to-Court Communications
- Use of technology in insolvency practice, including the impact of Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence on the insolvency profession
- Insolvency and restructuring law reforms
- Developments in pre-insolvency practice and regulation
- Topics being examined by UNCITRAL Working Group V
- Insolvency and SMEs
- Personal insolvency, including consumer bankruptcy
- Insolvency practitioners: remuneration; regulation; recognition
- Early career and Doctoral candidates’ work-in-progress
- Hot topics
Those who are interested in presenting a paper should send an abstract to Rosalind Mason (email@example.com) and copy Tina McGorman, INSOL (firstname.lastname@example.org) before January 31, 2018.
Wed03Oct2018Sun07Oct20189:00 amAthens, GreeceShow details
The Annual INSOL Europe Conference will take place in Athens from 4 to 7 October. The Annual Academic Forum Conference will also take place alongside the event from 3-4 October in the same venue.
The theme for the conference is "Breaking the Chains", and the location is very evocative. Presentations will tackle the most recent local and international subjects in business and insolvency. These include the proposed Directive on preventive restructuring framework, the Recast EIR, the NPLs and how modern technology is affecting the recovery business field.
For more information, have a look at the conference flyer.